Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do when El Capitan sidebar's favorites disappear  (Read 353 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 12, 2015, 03:00:18 am »

What to do when El Capitan sidebar's favorites disappear

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>Did you suddenly notice that the items you added to the Finder sidebar are suddenly missing either in the Finder or Open/Save dialogs or both? It’s not you: It’s a bug.</p><p>It’s a subtle thing, because nothing fails; rather, it dawns on you that when you’re clicking to navigate to a folder via your sidebar’s Favorites list, there’s nothing there. This happened to me recently, and I discovered it’s a routine problem people are experiencing.</p><p>While several solutions have been proposed, including deleting cache files and the like, what appears to work best—and worked for me—is to restart your Mac. When I had my sidebar faves disappear, I also had some other seemingly inexplicable slowdowns and system oddities. These went away with the restart as well.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3004016/operating-systems/what-to-do-when-el-capitan-sidebars-favorites-disappear.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: What to do when El Capitan sidebar's favorites disappear
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: