Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to access a Mac drive from a Windows or Linux system  (Read 480 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 15, 2015, 03:00:15 am »

How to access a Mac drive from a Windows or Linux system

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Rakesh Shewale writes with a common question about formatting compatibility:</p>

<p>
I bought a new external HDD for my mac about a month ago and formatted it to Mac OS X Extended Journaled. Now it has my all data. But the problem is I can’t access this HDD from my PC which has Windows and Linux.</p>

<p>
The trouble is that the drive is already formatted—this limits options, but it’s neither expensive nor impossible to proceed. Paragon is a long-time developer of cross-platform Mac/Windows disk mounting software, and its HFS+ for Windows 10 works on Windows releases all the way back to XP and Windows Server 2003 all the way through the present Windows 10 release. It’s $20, but also has a 10-day trial. HFSExplorer for Windows is free and updated for Windows 10, but requires the installation of the Java 5 or later runtime environment (JRE), which can introduce security issues unless you configure it carefully.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3003385/operating-systems/how-to-access-a-mac-drive-from-a-windows-or-linux-system.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: How to access a Mac drive from a Windows or Linux system
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: