Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to add accents and other marks to characters in Pages  (Read 314 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: December 04, 2015, 03:00:14 am »

How to add accents and other marks to characters in Pages

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>Colin Webb writes with a grave problem:</p>

<p>The piece I’m writing at the moment needs me to use a few French expressions. Some of the French words have various different accents: acute, grave, circumflex, cedilla, etc. The built-in Help in Pages said to select Edit &gt; Special Characters. But it only has an Emoji &amp; Symbols option. This will allow me to select the appropriate accent on its own, but not with the corresponding letter. I can type an “e” and an acute accent separately, but not with the accent in the proper position, above the “e”.</p>

<p>There’s a point as a computer user when you’ve used one so long that you forget what you’ve learned. My wife was working on her résumé the other day and asked me to proofread it. I noticed she’d used hyphens where a long dash is typically required, and I said she should substitute it.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3007056/input-devices/how-to-add-accents-and-other-marks-to-characters-in-pages.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: How to add accents and other marks to characters in Pages
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: