Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The best way to watch media on the new Apple TV: iTunes Home Sharing vs. Plex  (Read 342 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: December 10, 2015, 09:00:15 am »

The best way to watch media on the new Apple TV: iTunes Home Sharing vs. Plex

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>With the release of the fourth-generation model, the Apple TV has opened up to third-party apps. You are no longer limited to getting local media from your iTunes library. One of the first apps that lets you use other sources is Plex, which “organizes your video, music, and photo collections and streams them to all of your screens.”</p><p>I had tried out Plex some years ago and found it as enjoyable as installing Linux on a computer. But the company has made great strides in improving the software, and as soon as the Apple TV app was available, I installed it on my device. In this article, I’m going to compare the two for streaming content to an Apple TV. I’ll also discuss using these two methods to share content on other devices.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3012244/streaming-media/the-best-way-to-watch-media-on-the-new-apple-tv-itunes-home-sharing-vs-plex.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: The best way to watch media on the new Apple TV: iTunes Home Sharing vs. Plex
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: