Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A primer in Profile Manager: Set up Open Directory  (Read 320 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: December 18, 2015, 09:00:15 pm »

A primer in Profile Manager: Set up Open Directory

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
This is episode five of our Profile Manager Primer series. Some of you, I know, are thinking I fancy myself a modern day Charles Dickens and I’m stringing you along week-by-week for no other reason than to keep you reading. Not true! While we haven’t yet talked specifically about Profile Manager since I mentioned it in the first installment, every step we have taken thus far is an important foundation for working with Profile Manager. And I promise that after this installment, we’ll turn Profile Manager on and go to work in earnest on managing devices.</p><p>
If you’re just tuning in now, you’ll want to look at:</p><ul>
<li>A primer in Profile Manager</li>
<li>The Setup</li>
<li>The Server App</li>
<li>Manage Your Server Remotely</li>
</ul>

<h2>Using Server to manage users</h2>
<p>
The last major step we need to take before turning on Profile Manager is turning on Server’s Open Directory service so that you can centrally manage network user accounts. Open Directory is required for using Profile Manager.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3016066/macs/a-primer-in-profile-manager-set-up-open-directory.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: A primer in Profile Manager: Set up Open Directory
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: