Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is blocking device necessary on Wi-Fi with a password set?  (Read 395 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: December 26, 2015, 09:00:16 am »

Is blocking device necessary on Wi-Fi with a password set?

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
  My pedigree in writing about Apple’s Wi-Fi products dates back to 2000—it seems so long ago! But after 15 years, I’m still discovering new things about Apple’s products and Wi-Fi in general I didn’t know. Witness an email from a reader (who prefers to remain anonymous) about a problem he encountered with <a href=" http://www.macworld.com/article/3017158/use-timed-access-control-to-restrict-when-devices-can-connect-to-your-apple-base-station-wi-fi">Timed Access Control[/url].</p><p>
This feature lets you control access to a base station by using an adapter identifier that’s found on every network device, whether ethernet, Wi-Fi, or other. The reader was using it to control access for 67 devices on his network, on which there was already a password set. But when he crossed from 66 to 67, he encountered a problem.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3016834/security/is-blocking-device-necessary-on-wi-fi-with-a-password-set.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Is blocking device necessary on Wi-Fi with a password set?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: