Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to disable mouse and keyboard low-battery warnings (you can’t)  (Read 399 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: January 31, 2016, 03:00:12 am »

How to disable mouse and keyboard low-battery warnings (you can’t)

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Worth Gretter speaks for us all with this complaint:</p>

<p>
The Bluetooth keyboard and mouse on my 2009 iMac (running Mavericks) both run on AA batteries. I am using disposable batteries, not rechargeables, so I want to get every bit of life out of them. The low-battery warning comes on at 15%, but I still have a couple of weeks of battery life left. Nonetheless, the warning continues to come on every day until I change the batteries. Is there a way to kill it?</p>

<p>
I searched through Apple forums, blog posts, and old Macworld advice. This reply is to just to reassure you that you haven’t missed anything. There’s currently no way to prevent OS X from warning you regularly and frequently until you replace the batteries. I understand Apple’s desire to have your device not stop working, but the warnings can’t be customized or halted for a period of days.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3024515/macs/how-to-disable-mouse-and-keyboard-low-battery-warnings-you-cant.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: How to disable mouse and keyboard low-battery warnings (you can’t)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: