Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Muse is a brain-sensing headband that helps you meditate  (Read 391 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 17, 2016, 04:05:11 pm »

The Muse is a brain-sensing headband that helps you meditate

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Who knew that meditation—an activity that’s supposed to help us destress from our hectic, always connected lives—can be enhanced by factoring in even more technology? The Muse is a sensor-equipped headband that reads your brain activity and helps to guide you into a deeper meditative state when paired with a smartphone app. Yep, a wearable mind-reading headband that somehow makes you feel more relaxed.</p><p>
  I demoed the Muse at a South by Southwest showcase party for startups. It was loud, packed with people, and swelteringly hot—basically the perfect place to try a new meditation technique. First I had to fasten the headband on properly; the sensors have to make contact with skin, so I had some hair maneuvering to do. Then I donned a pair of giant canned headphones to help me hear the app’s cues better (spoiler alert: it didn’t work too well), and the Muse guided me through a quick calibration process. It first asked me to relax, followed by a request for me to think intensely and make lists in my mind—as in, lists of U.S. historical figures and different languages—so that it could understand what my brain patterns look like when my mind is active and calm. I then selected a calming soundscape to listen to during my two-minute trial. I went with rainforest sounds.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3044069/consumer-electronics/the-muse-is-a-brain-sensing-headband-that-helps-you-meditate.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: The Muse is a brain-sensing headband that helps you meditate
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: