Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to connect an old Power Macintosh G3 (and other vintage Macs) to the Internet  (Read 320 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 24, 2016, 04:05:12 pm »

How to connect an old Power Macintosh G3 (and other vintage Macs) to the Internet

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>Famously, when Steve Jobs and his colleagues visited Xerox’s Palo Alto Research Center in 1979, he was utterly dazzled by the graphical user interface that Xerox’s Alto computers had adopted. So blinded by the GUI’s brilliance was he that he failed to notice two other key innovations there that day. Here’s Jobs himself, speaking in 1995, on the PBS documentary Triumph of the Nerds: </p>

<p>“One of the things they showed me was object-oriented programming; they showed me that, but I didn’t even see that. The other one they showed me was a networked computer system; they had over a hundred Alto computers all networked using email etc, etc; I didn’t even see that.”</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3047108/macs/how-to-connect-an-old-power-macintosh-g3-and-other-vintage-macs-to-the-internet.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: [
url=http://www.macworld.com/article/3047108/macs/how-to-connect-an-old-power-macintosh-g3-and-other-vintage-macs-to-the-internet.html#tk.rss_all]How to connect an old Power Macintosh G3 (and other vintage Macs) to the Internet[/url]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: