Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pencil it in: Apple should bring back handwriting recognition on the iPad  (Read 338 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 12, 2016, 04:05:25 pm »

Pencil it in: Apple should bring back handwriting recognition on the iPad

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
In the almost seven months since Apple announced the Apple Pencil, I haven’t once been tempted by the stylus. Yes, it’s an impressive piece of technology, and yes, I’ve seen some truly wonderful things accomplished with its help. But as someone whose artistic skills never progressed much beyond the doodling phase—and really, those doodles are nothing worth putting up on the fridge, much less venturing anywhere beyond the margins of a notebook—it just didn’t seem like the Apple Pencil was for me.</p><p>
But something funny happened the other night, when I’d been thinking about some ideas for a book I was working on. Lately I’ve realized that I prefer the free-form nature of jotting things on paper, which allows me to easily make diagrams as well as write notes. It’s also a little more comfortable for, say, lounging on the couch and writing in a way that typing on a laptop or using the onscreen keyboard of the iPad isn’t.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3053953/ipad/pencil-it-in-apple-should-bring-back-handwriting-recognition-on-the-ipad.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Pencil it in: Apple should bring back handwriting recognition on the iPad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: