Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No, Apple Music is not deleting tracks off your hard drive — unless you tell it to  (Read 336 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 06, 2016, 04:05:19 pm »

No, Apple Music is not deleting tracks off your hard drive — unless you tell it to

Serenity Caldwell has been writing and talking about and tinkering with Apple products since she was old enough to double-click. Managing editor of iMore, she hosts a number of popular podcasts and speaks frequently at conferences. In past lives she worked at Macworld and Apple Retail.

*/

/*-->*/

/*-->*/

This is why we make backups.

On Wednesday, I saw a post widely shared about an unfortunate individual who lost half of their local library and was blaming Apple Music for automatically deleting their local files.

I sympathize, and I'm very glad this person had a backup of their music, but I want to dispel some FUD here: Apple Music has definite problems and its matching algorithms aren't great, but this is simply not how the service works. Apple Music should never automatically delete files off your primary Mac's hard drive unless you specifically delete them first.

How Apple Music on your primary Mac works

When you enable Apple Music on your original Mac, the ser...

Source: No, Apple Music is not deleting tracks off your hard drive — unless you tell it to
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: