Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trix may be for kids, but Swift Playgrounds should be for everyone  (Read 313 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 21, 2016, 04:05:22 pm »

Trix may be for kids, but Swift Playgrounds should be for everyone

Michael Gartenberg has covered the personal technology beat for more than two decades at places like Gartner, Jupiter Research and Altimeter Group. Most recently, he spent a few years at Apple as Sr. Director of Worldwide Product Marketing.

*/

/*-->*/

/*-->*/

It's my playground, too.

I have a confession. When my kids were really little, I used to eat their Gerber vanilla custard pudding when no one was looking. When they were somewhat older, we went to Pixar movies. At at a certain point, I sort of made them go with me. I didn't want to be the creepy adult male in a Pixar flick. By now, you should be picking up a trend. Yep, sometimes I like the things that perhaps were not targeted to my demographic.

That brings me to the news of Apple's new iPad app, Swift Playgrounds. It's designed to teach kids to code. Kids need to learn to code "like a fish needs a bicycle," to steal a metaphor. Kids who want to learn to code should, but that's not the point I'm making. Swift...

Source: Trix may be for kids, but Swift Playgrounds should be for everyone
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: