Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eddy Cue talks Apple's TV efforts, cable bundles, and more  (Read 369 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 15, 2016, 04:05:24 pm »

Eddy Cue talks Apple's TV efforts, cable bundles, and more

Apple SVP of Internet Software and Services, Eddy Cue, recently sat down for a wide-ranging interview on innovation in TV, Apple's foray into original video, and more. The Hollywood Reporter also specifically asked Cue about a potential Apple TV streaming service, and while he wasn't exactly forthcoming, he did say that what was more important was that these services were available on Apple platforms.

Cue also took on the notion of the so-called "skinny bundle" TV services, which offers a slim selection of channels for less money, and why people might not actually like them. From The Hollywood reporter:

They're not getting the features that they want. The fact that I have to set things to record seems idiotic. And channel guides — I get home and I want to watch a Duke basketball game; why do I have to go hunting to find out what channel it's on? Why can't I just say, "I want to watch Duke basketball." Or, even better, why doesn't the system know that? "Here's the Duke basket...

Source: Eddy Cue talks Apple's TV efforts, cable bundles, and more
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: