Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The age of the dramatic Apple event reveal is over, and that's okay  (Read 379 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: August 27, 2016, 04:05:23 pm »

The age of the dramatic Apple event reveal is over, and that's okay

Former lead editor at Macworld, Jason Snell has covered Apple and other tech companies for two decades. You can find him at Six Colors, and the The Incomparable, Upgrade, and Clockwise podcasts.

*/

/*-->*/

/*-->*/

Do I miss the romance of the big, shocking reveal? I do. But we don't live in that era anymore.

In the early 2000s — during Apple's spectacular rise on the back of the popularity of the iPod — what sticks out the most to me is the mystery and the theater of Apple's product unveilings. There were still times that Apple didn't quite pull off the reveal, like when Time magazine's Canadian website posted an image of the chrome-arm iMac G4 the night before the Macworld Expo keynote. But for the most part, Apple's early events were all surprise and no spoiler.

As hard as it is for me to believe, however, that era of Apple is long since past. It's been nearly a decade since the iPhone launched. In those days we thought we were pretty web savvy, but digital me...

Source: The age of the dramatic Apple event reveal is over, and that's okay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: