Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to explore, play, and save Apple Music's My New Music and Favorites playlists  (Read 368 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 06, 2016, 04:05:24 pm »

How to explore, play, and save Apple Music's My New Music and Favorites playlists

Apple Music is offering a new section in For You for iOS 10: My New Music Mix and My Favorites Mix.

Apple Music wants to tailor itself to your tastes: It's why the service offers hand-built playlists and asks you to rate the songs you hear anywhere on its service (or in your own library). The "For You" section in Apple Music suggests new, pre-built playlists and albums you might like; in iOS 10, however, the section is getting an addition in the form of the My New Music Mix and Favorites Mix.

Similar to services like Spotify's Discover Weekly, the My New Music Mix is algorithmically updated every Friday, and offers 25 songs you haven't played before — both from artists you've heard of and brand new artists — based on your past play history, musical tastes, and the like. My own New Music Mix included a swath of indie rock, jazz, and classic rock I'd never heard, along with songs from Jimmy Eat World and Belle and Sebastian I hadn't played previously.

In addition, Apple has cre...

Source: How to explore, play, and save Apple Music's My New Music and Favorites playlists
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: