Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A mysterious stranger appears in Mail’s To field  (Read 387 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 07, 2016, 04:05:13 pm »

A mysterious stranger appears in Mail’s To field

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
I was innocently checking the Mac 911 inbox and answering messages, when I noticed the To: field in Apple’s Mail app for OS X had changed. Instead of it showing mac911@macworld.com, an address I hadn’t put in my local Contacts list and given an associated name to, it showed the name of a recent correspondent. Let’s call her Amber Raptor.</p><p>
So it appeared like: <code>To: Amber Raptor via mac911@macworld.com</code>. This was perplexing. Had Mail munged its settings? Had I clicked the wrong doodad and added Amber to my address book?</p><p>
It does look like a bug, not an error on my part, as that person didn’t show up in my contacts list. However, I did find her in Previous Recipients, a list you can bring up from the Window menu. You may not know this list exists; colleague Jeffery Battersby explained how to manage the list last August. Previous Recipient helps in terms of filling out the names of correspondents, and also bypassing spam rule checking for someone you’ve emailed before (see Mail &gt; Preferences &gt; Junk Mail).</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3113076/software-productivity/a-mysterious-stranger-appears-in-mail-s-to-field.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: A mysterious stranger appears in Mail’s To field
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: