Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: iOS 11 wish list: Touch ID and password lock for every app  (Read 404 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 29, 2016, 04:05:20 pm »

iOS 11 wish list: Touch ID and password lock for every app

Touch ID and passcode protection for every app would protect our data no matter where it is, or who's trying to access it.

Right now, if I hand my iPhone or iPad to someone to see a photo, social media posting, make an emergency call, or check out a website, I'm also handing over access to all my messages, personal photos, and even passwords and credit cards. iOS 10 has just shipped, and iOS 10.1, iOS 10.2, or iOS 10.3 might have a trick or two up their sleeves. But Apple's already hard at work setting up for iOS 11, and one of the things I'm hoping makes the feature list is optional Touch ID and password protection for every app.

Touch ID everywhere

That's far, far easier to write than to engineer of course. Apps are interconnected. With Photos, there's the ImagePicker that lets you pull images and videos into other apps. With Messages, there's the Share Sheet extension that lets you send almost anything to almost any one. With Health, there's syncing data both into and out of ...

Source: iOS 11 wish list: Touch ID and password lock for every app
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: