Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why 'Transfer Purchases' doesn't copy apps to iTunes when backing up your iPhone  (Read 350 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 30, 2016, 04:05:13 pm »

Why 'Transfer Purchases' doesn't copy apps to iTunes when backing up your iPhone

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Last week we talked about creating a backup of your iOS device that, when restored, would also restore all your apps. As I noted in the article, an iCloud backup restores apps and their related data, and restoring using an iTunes backup does, but maybe not the way you expect it to.</p><p>
Shortly after the article posted, Sandeep Roy sent me a message via Twitter and posted a comment asking about an apparent footnote at the end of the Apple support article I referenced stating that, as of iOS 9, there were changes to iTunes’ Transfer Purchases option that no longer allowed you to transfer app purchases. He asked if I would check it out. The footnote, which Apple Support on Twitter hadn’t told me about and which I hadn’t read when I read the support article, stated the following:</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3125509/iphone-ipad/more-on-backing-up-your-ios-device.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Why 'Transfer Purchases' doesn't copy apps to iTunes when backing up your iPhone
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: