Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When traveling, my iPad is essential and my Mac is the add-on  (Read 408 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 15, 2016, 04:05:14 pm »

When traveling, my iPad is essential and my Mac is the add-on

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
For the past year I’ve been traveling with a 12.9-inch iPad Pro and leaving my MacBook Air home whenever possible. Traveling with only an iPad can feel freeing and it can also feel confining, depending on what you need to accomplish. This week I took a trip and brought my laptop along like the old days, and was reminded about what the iPad does well and where the Mac still has the upper hand.</p><p>
The reason I brought the laptop at all is part of the story. Part of my job these days is to host and edit podcasts, and it’s still difficult to do that on iOS. I’m optimistic that this will change in the near future–a bunch of the pieces are in place, but there are still some gaps that require awkward workarounds and increase the risk of utter failure. For the three podcasts I needed to record this week, bringing my laptop along made everything easier.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3130710/ios/when-traveling-my-ipad-is-essential-and-my-mac-is-the-add-on.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: When traveling, my iPad is essential and my Mac is the add-on
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: