Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to retain images in Photos when turning off iCloud Photo Library  (Read 363 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 15, 2016, 04:05:15 pm »

How to retain images in Photos when turning off iCloud Photo Library

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Erin Giunta is ready to give iCloud Photo Library the heave-ho, but wants to be sure their photos aren’t lost.</p>

<p>
I’m confused about what would happen if I turn off iCloud Photo Library on my phone, and not use it on the Cloud. Will my Photos app on the computer still retain all 12,000 of my photos? Do these photos live locally on my hard drive?</p>

<p>
It depends! And macOS should prompt you in case you make a decision that would result in you losing images somehow.</p><p>
If you’re already storing the full-resolution versions of everything on your Mac, you don’t have to take any additional steps. In Photos for macOS, select Photos &gt; Preferences and click the iCloud icon. If iCloud Photo Library is checked and Download Originals to This Mac is selected, all your synced images across all linked accounts will be on the Mac.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3128820/photography/how-to-retain-images-in-photos-when-turning-off-icloud-photo-library.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: How to retain images in Photos when turning off iCloud Photo Library
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: