Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple's October event puts accessibility center stage  (Read 397 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 01, 2016, 04:05:21 pm »

Apple's October event puts accessibility center stage

To me, Apple's October event had a clear theme: accessibility.

Everything I saw at Town Hall during October's Mac event had relevance in terms of accessibility. The Touch Bar on the MacBook Pro is the most obvious candidate, but there's something to be said for the Apple TV's new TV app, too. Like all of Apple's products, accessibility will play a big role in telling each's story. And it's worth people's attention.

In a less concrete sense, the video that opened the presentation  and the new accessibility page announced for Apple's website speak volumes about Apple's commitment in this area. As I've written numerous times, Apple leads the industry in creating best-of-breed assistive technology for people with disabilities. They care. That's why it was great to see the video and hear Tim Cook remind us that accessibility matters to them. It's part of the design process from the beginning, which is why you see glimmers of potential in everything with an Apple logo on it.

As a person...

Source: Apple's October event puts accessibility center stage
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: