Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Google overhauls the iOS Gmail app for the first time in nearly four years  (Read 354 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 10, 2016, 04:05:22 pm »

Google overhauls the iOS Gmail app for the first time in nearly four years

A more Google-y experience makes the iOS Gmail app usable! (And Google Calendar ain't bad either!)

My first smartphone was the iPhone 5. After some frustration, I switched to Android for a bit, and then came back for the iPhone 7. One thing I truly loved about Android was its Google Apps experience. The Gmail app for Android is intuitive, laid out nicely, and ultimately easy and convenient.

Returning to iOS with much of my data tied up in Google Drive, I downloaded the Gmail app and immediately felt cold, alone, and like Bambi watching his mother being shot (OK, that might be a bit dramatic).

The Gmail app for iPhone just wasn't a good time. Until now!

Everyone loves a comeback

OK, the Gmail app never really went anywhere, but my iPhone-using friends with Google accounts weren't using it. That's because it felt stilted and far less intuitive than its native counterpart. I mean, come on — swiping to delete might be its best feature! The lack of features was, to put it lightly, ...

Source: Google overhauls the iOS Gmail app for the first time in nearly four years
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: