Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Bulbs' is the explosive new MacBook Pro ad all about ideas!  (Read 912 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 19, 2016, 04:05:22 pm »

'Bulbs' is the explosive new MacBook Pro ad all about ideas!

I generally prefer product ads that focus on the product. Apple's recent Midnight spot for iPhone 7 and Go Time spot for Watch are terrific examples of that. I especially prefer ads where it doesn't take until the very end to see what they're about. So, by all rights, I shouldn't like Apple's new MacBook Pro spot, Bulbs, any more than I did their recent iOS spot, Balloons. But I do. I like it quite a lot.

I think what works for me here is the fun factor. The popping lightbulbs set to that classic score is delightful and, when it becomes clear we're being taken on a journey through the history of human technological achievement, it's beyond delightful.

I can't tell if that's a Lisa or a Mac in the sequence — shame on me! — but the choice of an iPhone 4s to represent that milestone, as opposed to the original, is super interesting. The glass-wrapped steel design is absolutely iconic, though, isn't it?

The bulbs bursting seem to echo the explosive, brief nature of ideas over t...

Source: 'Bulbs' is the explosive new MacBook Pro ad all about ideas!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: