Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What the F$*# is Kulkorest and how do I get rid of it?!  (Read 478 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: December 03, 2016, 04:05:23 pm »

What the F$*# is Kulkorest and how do I get rid of it?!

What is Kulkorest and how do I get rid of it?

Around a month ago, I got a hysterical call from my mother (I'm Sicilian, so this is nothing new). Turns out her printer wasn't working, so she decided to call HP support staff. Long story short, the number she called wasn't exactly what she was looking for, and she gave a complete stranger/asshat the permissions he needed to poke and prod around her iMac.

After around half an hour of "help", the stranger demanded $200, to which my mom told him to eat it and hung up the phone. She realized that she had made a mistake and tried to fix it, this time by calling the proper number to get some security help, but even after putting up a firewall, my mom was beside herself.

"He was clicking for me!" She cried through the phone as I struggled to understand her through sobs. "He took over the computer!"

Fast forward to around a month later, and my mom's assured me everything is fine. She has the firewall up on her iMac, nothing is sluggish or...

Source: What the F$*# is Kulkorest and how do I get rid of it?!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: