Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The evolution of Apple's laptops, from the PowerBook to the MacBook Pro  (Read 372 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: December 04, 2016, 04:05:15 pm »

The evolution of Apple's laptops, from the PowerBook to the MacBook Pro

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>In a moment of somewhat unexpected nostalgia at its most recent media event, Apple pointed out that it was the 25th anniversary of the PowerBook. (It’s good to know that, 27 years later, Apple still would rather nobody remember the Mac Portable.) I’ve been a Mac laptop user since the original PowerBook era. That ancient history is my history. Since 1991, Apple has gone through seven distinct eras when it comes to its laptop strategy and design.</p><h2>The classics: The 680x0 era</h2>

<p>The original PowerBooks (and, sure, the Mac Portable) used the Mac’s original processor, the Motorola 680x0 series. The first generation of PowerBooks took the world by storm, which is why it’s their anniversary that Apple noted. I distinctly remember a magazine story attentively describing entertainment-industry executive Barry Diller hobnobbing at an L.A. restaurant with his PowerBook on the table in front of him.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3146141/macs/the-evolution-of-apples-laptops-from-the-powerbook-to-the-macbook-pro.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: The evolution of Apple's laptops, from the PowerBook to the MacBook Pro
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: