Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Don’t delete your photos after turning on iCloud Photo Library  (Read 383 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: December 30, 2016, 04:05:14 pm »

Don’t delete your photos after turning on iCloud Photo Library

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>I recently wrote a Mac 911 column titled, “Yes, if you delete your photos from iCloud Photo Library, they’re deleted everywhere.” I thought that might close the door on the question. Instead, I continue to get perfectly reasonable variants on it.</p><p>If you have iCloud Photo Library enabled, and want to clear out space occupied by photos and other media:</p><ul>
<li>Do not delete images or videos from iCloud.com.</li>
<li>Do not delete images or videos from the Photos app in iOS for any device logged into the same iCloud account.</li>
<li>Do not delete images or videos from Photos for macOS for any computer logged into the same iCloud account.</li>
<li>Do not go into the Recently Deleted album and delete media.</li>
</ul>
<p>If you delete in any of the first three cases, your media will be put into the Recently Deleted album and deleted after about a month permanently. If you delete the contents of the Recently Deleted album, they’re gone forever.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3152646/photography/don-t-delete-your-photos-after-turning-on-icloud-photo-library.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Don’t delete your photos after turning on iCloud Photo Library
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: