Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Pad & Quill transformed my MacBook Pro into an actual book  (Read 390 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: January 29, 2017, 04:05:22 pm »

How Pad & Quill transformed my MacBook Pro into an actual book

The strangest thing about this whole book-as-case thing? I actually kind of dig it.

As a child, my two great loves were books and technology. I'd spend hours reading Anne of Green Gables or The High King, then hop over to my dad's Mac Plus and spend the next 90 minutes engrossed in a HyperCard stack. Funny, then, that the idea of mashing these two together seemed so odd.

I'm speaking, of course, of Pad & Quill's new Cartella Slim case for the new MacBook Pro: The linen-bound shell reminds me of an old Shel Silverstein classic, but it wasn't designed to hold reams of paper with witty poems and line art; instead, you use 3M adhesive mounting tape to attach it to the base and screen of your MacBook Pro.

Yeah, I have to admit: I wasn't thrilled about the idea. I've always been the type to use my laptops caseless and fancy free, preferring to showcase Apple's top-tier build quality over tacky stickers or plastic shells.

When I got the case for review, I wasn't even convinced I'd...

Source: How Pad & Quill transformed my MacBook Pro into an actual book
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: