Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Google takes on the Apple Watch with Android Wear 2.0 and two new LG watches  (Read 303 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: February 10, 2017, 04:05:22 pm »

Google takes on the Apple Watch with Android Wear 2.0 and two new LG watches

There's something about great artists on the tip of my tongue, but I can't quite find it.

Google's Android Wear 2.0 update has been revealed after months of Developer Previews for select watches. Coupled with this update is a pair of watches made by LG — with Google's guidance — the LG Watch Sport and the LG Watch Style. There's a lot to unpack about all three, but the first thing Apple Watch fans will notice is a new control mechanism for Android Wear.

Andrew Martonik, in his LG Watch Sport Review:

Perhaps my favorite part about the Android Wear 2.0 update is its new emphasis on "rotational input." The new interaction method lets companies create smartwatches that can use other forms of input than just the touch screen, like LG did with a rotating crown on the Watch Sport and Watch Style. Rotational input isn't simply translating spinning hardware into touch, either — it's a whole new form of interaction that developers have to specifically target and choose ...

Source: Google takes on the Apple Watch with Android Wear 2.0 and two new LG watches
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: