Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Regarding the (matte) black iPhone 7 and clickbait... er... paint complaints  (Read 349 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: February 15, 2017, 04:05:22 pm »

Regarding the (matte) black iPhone 7 and clickbait... er... paint complaints

Is it the (matte) black iPhone 7 that's chipped away or consumer confidence in how technology continues to be covered?

I've been using a (matte) black iPhone 7 Plus, without a case, since it launched in September 2016. The anodized finish is still fine with nary a chip in sight. And I'm not gentle with my phone — it's been dropped and otherwise knocked about several times. Still, it would be a mistake to assume my experience is everyone's experience. So, I pay attention when I see something like this from an outlet like CBS News:

If buying the latest iPhone is a status symbol, what happens if the device ends up looking battered and cheap within a matter of weeks?

Apple (AAPL) is facing that question as some disgruntled customers take its customer-support page to complain about their iPhone 7s in matte black, which they say suffer from easily chipped paint. Some iPhone 7 owners say they've been told by Apple that the paint is a cosmetic issue and therefore not covered ...

Source: Regarding the (matte) black iPhone 7 and clickbait... er... paint complaints
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: