Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Siri vs. Alexa: The good, the bad... or the both?  (Read 329 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 05, 2017, 04:05:22 pm »

Siri vs. Alexa: The good, the bad... or the both?

Apple's Siri and Amazon's Alexa are taking different paths towards the virtual interface, but is there a benefit in walking them both?

I've been thinking about getting something that runs Alexa. Probably an Echo. It's not properly supported where I live, which I'll get to later, but it's interesting technology and I'd like to test it out. What interests me most is how radically, almost diametrically opposed Amazon's strategy has been compared to Apple and Siri.

The two companies, and others, are all racing towards the same finish line — a voice-interface good and ubiquitous enough to become the primary interface for certain tasks — but in very different ways.

Then vs. Now

Siri launched in 2011 alongside iPhone 4s. Previously and app from the App Store, Apple acquired it and turned it into the flagship feature for that year's release. It shipped with fewer partner features that it had as an app, but has added several of them back over the years.

Alexa launched in 2014...

Source: Siri vs. Alexa: The good, the bad... or the both?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: