Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to fix problematic iPhoto library imports into Photos  (Read 344 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 16, 2017, 04:05:14 pm »

How to fix problematic iPhoto library imports into Photos

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
A failing hard drive has stymied Jill Ellis. She’s having errors trying to copy her entire iPhoto library to migrate it to a new computer and upgrade it to Photos. However, she was able to copy all the files in the iPhoto package’s Masters folder.</p><p>
(How can you find that folder? Control-click an iPhoto Library and select Show Package Contents, and then you can open the Masters folder, which is aliased as Originals. These are the as-imported images and don’t reflected modifications you have applied in iPhoto.)</p><p>
But the folder, while divided by date, is missing all her painstaking organization work in iPhoto. Jill writes:</p>

<p>
When I try to import the Originals folder to Photos, it no longer has any of the folder or structure from iPhoto Library. I’m also assuming the only way to do this is to import the entire library structure. Am I without hope? Do I need to just accept there is no way to maintain the file structure, grouping of photo by dates even, or any kind of grouping from previous iPhoto?</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3178679/photography/how-to-fix-problematic-iphoto-library-imports-into-photos.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: [
url=http://www.macworld.com/article/3178679/photography/how-to-fix-problematic-iphoto-library-imports-into-photos.html#tk.rss_all]How to fix problematic iPhoto library imports into Photos[/url]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: