Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to watch live TV on your Apple TV without cable  (Read 332 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 17, 2017, 04:05:21 pm »

How to watch live TV on your Apple TV without cable

You can watch broadcast television on your Apple TV without needing a cable subscription with HDHomeRun.

Being a cord cutter (actually, I've never had cable, so I haven't technically cut any cords), I'm always on the hunt for new ways to keep myself entertained. On Apple TV, I use a handful of apps that, either I subscribe to a streaming service for (like Hulu and Netflix), or offer a free streaming TV feature that doesn't require a cable subscription (like PBS and The CW).

There is also this thing called broadcast television, which anyone can watch as long as they have a TV that supports digital television (or a digital conversion box) and an over-the-air (OTA) HDTV antenna. The thing about broadcast television is that I can't watch it on Apple TV. I have to switch my TV input over, and then I can flip through the channels until I find something to watch. I rarely watch broadcast television because I tend to stick with Apple TV for my TV and movie watching activities.

That is unt...

Source: How to watch live TV on your Apple TV without cable
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: