Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to take best advantage of iCloud Desktop and Documents across Macs  (Read 364 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 21, 2017, 04:05:13 pm »

How to take best advantage of iCloud Desktop and Documents across Macs

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Gordon Potter has considered using iCloud Desktop and Documents, a macOS Sierra feature that both syncs and selectively archives less-used files to free up storage, retrieving them on demand as needed. But, he writes:</p>

<p>
I am very cautious of trying this unless I am certain there is a way to backup out or leave. What I have read seems to say once I create/use this iCloud system, there is no obvious way out.</p>

<p>
This is a reasonable degree of concern. Gordon wonders in particular:</p><ol>
<li>Does it sync across Macs registered to the same iCloud account and, if so, can he select what syncs?</li>
<li>How to stop using it and revert to normal?</li>
<li>He and his wife have separate Apple IDs and use Family Sharing: does this sync help with exchanging files between them?</li>
</ol>
<p>
And the answers:</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3178609/data-center-cloud/how-to-take-best-advantage-of-icloud-desktop-and-documents-across-macs.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: How to take best advantage of iCloud Desktop and Documents across Macs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: