Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to filter out "eggs" and mute keywords on Twitter  (Read 292 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 23, 2017, 04:05:20 pm »

How to filter out "eggs" and mute keywords on Twitter

How do I mute keywords and "egg accounts" in my Twitter timeline? These features are currently rolling out to users!

Twitter has flipped the switch to enable Advanced filters. Muting "egg" accounts is one of several filters now available to you.

There's no getting past it: Twitter has an abuse problem. If you've yet to hear about someone leaving Twitter due to an onslaught of harassment, you can read this story, this story, or this story … or read any of the stories from this Google search query.

I say again: Twitter has an abuse problem. The company, to its credit, has recently accelerated its efforts in combatting online abuse. Its latest round of updates include new filtering options aimed at filtering out some of the main conduits for abuse on the platform.

How to access Twitter's new Advanced filters and mute "egg accounts"

Advanced filters include muting notifications from folks you don't follow, folks who have yet to confirm their email, folks who haven't confirmed...

Source: How to filter out "eggs" and mute keywords on Twitter
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: