Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to share your current location with friends and family  (Read 563 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 24, 2017, 04:05:22 pm »

How to share your current location with friends and family

How can I share my current location with my friends and family? Why, with location services, that's how!

Updated March, 2017: Updated screenshots and added steps for sharing location and removing friends from seeing your shared location.

There are lots of reasons you may want to share your location through the Messages app or Find My Friends. For example, sharing a location is a lot faster than manually typing out a location to someone! If you have more than one iOS device, maybe an iPhone and an iPad for example, you may want to change which one is used for default location sharing.

It's also worth noting that if you're in a Family Sharing group, anyone in your group can see all your devices via the Find My iPhone app. Following the steps below will choose your default device for constant tracking in certain apps, like Messages.

I'd recommend setting the default device as whatever one you carry around with you. For most people, this will be their iPhone!

How to share your cur...

Source: How to share your current location with friends and family
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: