Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Twitter's latest update ditches the egg for default profile photo  (Read 380 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 02, 2017, 04:05:22 pm »

Twitter's latest update ditches the egg for default profile photo

The infamous egg is leaving Twitter. It's hatched into a person-shaped icon of some sort.

Twitter's default profile photo has received an update. The now-infamous egg has been replaced with a person-shaped icon.

Twitter's Design team is behind the change. The group says there are three reasons for the update:

To encourage self expression.
The egg was too "fun and cute," so a more serious icon should encourage people to change it.
Egg accounts are often associated with harassment, which meant new accounts that had no intention to harass would be unfairly associated with the negative behavior.
If you're curious about the design decisions behind the new avatar, there's a post on Twitter's blog that goes into more detail.

Thoughts on the updated avatar

In terms of encouraging people to update and personalize their accounts, I can see how this change makes since. The egg was a cute idea: Being new to Twitter meant you were a bird who had yet to hatch. But if I had to guess I'd say ...

Source: Twitter's latest update ditches the egg for default profile photo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: