Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why f.lux is better than Night Shift on Mac (for now)  (Read 460 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 10, 2017, 04:05:22 pm »

Why f.lux is better than Night Shift on Mac (for now)

Apple's Night Shift for Mac is a great first attempt, but it doesn't hold a candle to f.lux.

I've been using f.lux for nearly as long as it's been in existence. I get up before the sun rises and used to feel blinded by how bright my screen was while the rest of the house was still dark. A friend turned me on to f.lux, and I've had it installed on all of my Mac computers ever since.

I've been using Night Shift for Mac for about two weeks and I'm less than impressed with Apple's version of the screen dimming software program. Maybe it's because I'm so accustomed to f.lux. Maybe it's because I was hoping Apple would do more with Night Shift on Mac than it did on iOS. It's a solid program that works perfectly, every time. But it's lacking some features that I find invaluable on Mac.

Customization on Night Shift for Mac is scant

On my iPhone, I absolutely love Night Shift. I set it up when it first launched and haven't had to think about it for a single second since then. On the Mac...

Source: Why f.lux is better than Night Shift on Mac (for now)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: