Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Found Footage: AXA Equitable presents an innovative ad  (Read 531 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 13, 2010, 07:00:10 pm »

Found Footage: AXA Equitable presents an innovative ad

AXA Insurance and Financial Services (a company that just hired my son this morning) has come up with a very creative iAd* to introduce an app for their Belgium based auto insurance division. Their advertising agency, Duval Guillaume of Antwerp, has created a story that integrates newspaper advertising with an iPhone. The video explains it quite well, but the gist is that you come upon an engaging picture in print and are asked to place your iPhone on a blank space on the page which brings the story to life, and keeps eyeballs on the iAd for a full minute.

At the end of the ad, you are brought to a link to download the free app which doesn't seem to be for the American market. The app will allow you to handle car insurance claims. This is really thinking outside the box and embeds a fast moving story right into the presentation. I think the idea is quite impressive. What's your take?

[via 9to5 Mac]

*Hats off to semantics. While AXA touts their effort as an "i-Ad," it is obviously not a part of Apple's iAd platform (for example, it requires the user to open a website on their iPhone). We imagine that AXA's enthusiasm and recognition of Apple's love of the letter "I" prompted the misleading label. Our apologies.Continue reading Found Footage: AXA Equitable presents an innovative adFound Footage: AXA Equitable presents an innovative ad originally appeared on TUAW on Wed, 06 Oct 2010 16:30:00 EST.  Please see our terms for use of feeds.Source | Permalink | Email this | Comments

http://www.tuaw.com/2010/10/06/found-footage-axa-equitable-presents-an-innovative-iad/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: