Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to disable GPS coordinates when texting photos  (Read 369 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 12, 2017, 04:05:14 pm »

How to disable GPS coordinates when texting photos

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>Susan writes in with a privacy concern. She texted a photo to an acquaintance, and was disturbed when that person was able to know her home address.</p>

<p>I have location turned on for my photos, which really comes in handy so I know where I took the pics. But I don’t want to share the location with those that I text. Apple says there is not a way to privately share photos without metadata unless I turn off metadata for my use as well. They suggested maybe turning to a third-party app.</p>

<p>This is unfortunately correct, and it’s an odd missing piece from a company that’s relatively good about preserving your privacy in relation to other people and companies. It’s possible that Apple views the GPS coordinates attached to images (geotagging) as something that it wants you to take the volition to either disable entirely or recognize you could be sending.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3186507/software-navigation/how-to-disable-gps-coordinates-when-texting-photos.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: How to disable GPS coordinates when texting photos
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: