Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How does Fitbit find its way back to fitness and financial success?  (Read 431 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 13, 2017, 04:05:22 pm »

How does Fitbit find its way back to fitness and financial success?

The fitness company has the vision, but it has been struggling with products and engineering as of late.

I've wanted to love Fitbit since long before the Apple Watch: I bought my first tracker (a Fitbit Zip) in 2012, in theory to help me stay active while working from home — but secretly because I wanted to see if a step tracker could track roller derby. I quickly found my answer: not if you don't plan to kill it with sweat in a few practices.

After my unfortunate experience with the Zip, I stayed abreast of Fitbit's offerings at work but didn't have the spare cash to justify getting one for personal use. And, of course, once I got an Apple Watch, any Fitbit hardware lust I had faded into the distance.

Muddling the message

The thing is, I still love Fitbit's message and community; it was one of the first companies to really capitalize on everyday fitness, focusing on getting people moving daily without needing to be a gym nerd. Like the Tamagotchi craze of the 90s, Fit...

Source: How does Fitbit find its way back to fitness and financial success?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: