Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get Remove Attachments back in Mail for macOS  (Read 379 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 16, 2017, 04:05:15 pm »

How to get Remove Attachments back in Mail for macOS

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>Gunnar is having a problem with Mail in macOS:</p>

<p>Since upgrading to Sierra, the Remove Attachments command in Mail is no longer working. It is greyed out. My Mail database is getting larger and larger. I do not want to delete the emails (for archive reasons), just the attachments.</p>

<p>Because it worked for Gunnar before upgrading, the most likely cause probably doesn’t apply: in Mail &gt; Preferences &gt; Accounts under Account Information, you can set Download Attachments to None, which might affect whether you can remove them without having forced them to download from the mail server.</p><p>Most likely, it’s a permissions problem in the nested folder that Apple uses to store attachments. That’s at <code>~/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail/Data/Library</code> in the Mail Downloads folder. You can enter that path via Go &gt; Go To Finder, select Mail Downloads, and choose File &gt; Get Info. If your account name as “name (Me)” isn’t shown under Sharing &amp; Permissions, or doesn’t have Read &amp; Write under the Privilege column next to it, that’s the culprit. (Click the lock icon, enter your password, and then click + to add your account or choose Read &amp; Write from the Privilege pop-up menu next to your name. Click the gear icon and choose Apply to Enclosed Items and confirm.)</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3188048/software-productivity/how-to-get-remove-attachments-back-in-mail-for-macos.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: How to get Remove Attachments back in Mail for macOS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: