Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Logitech Pop programmable buttons get HomeKit support  (Read 532 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 20, 2017, 04:05:14 pm »

Logitech Pop programmable buttons get HomeKit support

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>I have some HomeKit lights and smart plugs in my house, but I have to put them in low-traffic areas because I am the only member of my family who’s both willing and able to use an iPhone or an Apple Watch to turn on a lamp. Everyone else insists on using their hands. So old fashioned.</p><p>Logitech to the rescue. The company announced Monday it was adding HomeKit support to a new version of the Pop, a small button you can program to act as a light switch or trigger a HomeKit scene. If I place a Pop button next to every lamp I have plugged into a smart switch, my family can press that to turn the light on or off. As it stands today, if they use the lamp’s own control to turn it off, that lamp stays off, and HomeKit can’t turn it back on, which effectively breaks any HomeKit scene that includes that lamp, until I realize and toggle the lamp’s control back on.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3190864/home-tech/logitech-pop-programmable-buttons-get-homekit-support.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Logitech Pop programmable buttons get HomeKit support
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: