Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple Watch etiquette: Is it rude to check your Watch?  (Read 441 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 29, 2017, 04:05:21 pm »

Apple Watch etiquette: Is it rude to check your Watch?

Apple Watch is supposed to help us stay connect to tech without distracting us from real life, but checking notifications can seem rude. What to do?

Apple Watch, and smart watches in general, are not ubiquitous enough yet for us to get what it means when someone looks down at their wrist. When we quickly glance down to see if an email or text message can be ignored temporarily, it might look to others like we are checking the time, like we are in a hurry to leave the conversation.

Which is ironic because one of the purposes of Apple Watch is to allow us to address our various notifications without being distracted from what's going on right in front of us.

Until most people have a smart watch and we all understand that looking down at our wrist doesn't mean we are in a hurry, checking a notification might seem rude.

How my Apple Watch made me feel bad

I was recently on a nature walk, and was tracking my exercise with my Apple Watch. As I was hiking up a trail, a passerby cau...

Source: Apple Watch etiquette: Is it rude to check your Watch?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: