Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazon's Alexa Calling feature doesn't let you choose who can contact you  (Read 399 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 14, 2017, 04:05:22 pm »

Amazon's Alexa Calling feature doesn't let you choose who can contact you

Amazon's new Alexa Calling feature doesn't let you choose who can contact you.

Shortly after revealing the new touchscreen-touting, Alexa-enabled Echo Show, Amazon announced a new service called Alexa Calling & Messaging that lets users send audio messages and place calls using Alexa-enable devices and the Amazon Alexa app.

I, like many of my acquaintances, immediately updated my Alexa app and enabled the service. The process requires you to send your contacts to Amazon so it can link you up with any of your contacts who are also using Alexa Calling & Messaging. Once you've enabled the service and logged in, you see a list of the people you can bug with Alexa Calls and Messages. It's fun! … or at least it's fun until you read an article on The Verge that says anyone with your contact information can call you and send you messages and there's nothing you can do about it.

Amazon Echo-owner Elise Oras put together a blog post after she discovered the privacy problem. H...

Source: Amazon's Alexa Calling feature doesn't let you choose who can contact you
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: