Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple’s iOS Setting app needs a major UI overhaul  (Read 358 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 31, 2017, 04:05:12 pm »

Apple’s iOS Setting app needs a major UI overhaul

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>When you set up a new iPhone or iPad, a few screens walk you through some of the most important settings for the device. You’re asked to enter your Apple ID and password; you’re asked if you want to use location services; and you get queried about Siri. But beyond that, iOS starts working with a slew of default settings. It’s up to you to find them, figure them out, and tweak them.</p><p>Unfortunately, the iOS Settings app can be confusing. It’s hard to find what you need to change, and some settings are buried in sub-sub-sub-menus.</p><p>I count 44 different top-level settings categories on my iPhone, and then 84 more because third-party apps also have entries, many of which contain options that are also found in the Location, Notifications, Background App Refresh, Cellular Data, and Privacy settings. Few of them contain any actual app settings, and those that do also provide access to those settings from the individual apps. If I add up the iOS settings and the app settings, I have a total of 128 top-level entries in the Settings app. And many users will have more than that, because they have more apps on their devices.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3198466/ios/apple-s-ios-setting-app-needs-a-major-ui-overhaul.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Apple’s iOS Setting app needs a major UI overhaul
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: