Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tim Cook: Climate change is real and we all share a responsibility to fight it.  (Read 348 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 03, 2017, 04:05:21 pm »

Tim Cook: Climate change is real and we all share a responsibility to fight it.

Tim Cook, CEO of Apple, has sent out a memo to employees addressing U.S. President Donald Trumps decision to withdraw America from the Paris Climate Accords.

John Paczkowski, scored a copy for Buzzfeed

I know many of you share my disappointment with the White House's decision to withdraw the United States from the Paris climate agreement. I spoke with President Trump on Tuesday and tried to persuade him to keep the U.S. in the agreement. But it wasn't enough.

Climate change is real and we all share a responsibility to fight it. I want to reassure you that today's developments will have no impact on Apple's efforts to protect the environment. We power nearly all of our operations with renewable energy, which we believe is an example of something that's good for our planet and makes good business sense as well.

We will keep working toward the ambitious goals of a closed-loop supply chain, and to eventually stop mining new materials altogether. Of course, we're going to kee...

Source: Tim Cook: Climate change is real and we all share a responsibility to fight it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: