Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: File radars early and often: The importance of bug reporting  (Read 374 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 08, 2017, 04:05:21 pm »

File radars early and often: The importance of bug reporting

Why should you file radars? To show Apple, given finite resources, what aspects of your shared customer experience they need to prioritize fixing. Now.

There's a longstanding debate in the Apple developer community over the value of filing bugs through the Apple Bug Reporter system, commonly known as radar. Some believe it's invaluable, the only way to give Apple the feedback they need to ensure bugs get fixed. Others believe it's valueless, a black hole from which little action or satisfaction ever escapes.

I'm not a developer but for the last few of years I've made it a personal imperative to file radars for every workaround and wish-list I write here on iMore. Since public betas have started, I've also tried to file for all the major issues I hit on those. Most have come back as dupes, some have been followed up on and fixed. Based on the conversations I've had with developers, though, both points of view are certainly valid. So why should developers file anyway?

Bug reporting ...

Source: File radars early and often: The importance of bug reporting
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: