Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: iOS 11 beta won't install on your iPhone? Check your SIM card!  (Read 334 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 19, 2017, 04:05:24 pm »

iOS 11 beta won't install on your iPhone? Check your SIM card!

If the iOS 11 developer beta hangs, freezes, or just won't install properly on your iPhone, it might be your SIM card.

I tried half a dozen time to install the iOS 11 developer beta on my iPhone and it froze up every time. I finally figured out the culprit and am here to save you some time and hassle if it happens to you.

Here's the situation: I downloaded the iOS 11 developer beta software profile onto my iPhone successfully. I downloaded iOS 11 successfully. When my iPhone restarted so I could finish the setup process, everything froze.

I put my iPhone into Recovery mode, restored it to its factory settings, and reverted back to iOS 10. I tried again, this time, directly from iTunes. The same thing happened.

I restored my iPhone through Recovery Mode (because that's the only way to get it to a position where I could do anything at all with it, including turning it off). Then sent it into DFU mode and tried again. Same.

I restored my iPhone back to factory settings and tried in...

Source: iOS 11 beta won't install on your iPhone? Check your SIM card!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: