Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple ARkit vs Google Tango vs Microsoft Hololens: Augment my reality  (Read 288 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 21, 2017, 04:05:21 pm »

Apple ARkit vs Google Tango vs Microsoft Hololens: Augment my reality

Are all Augmented Reality platforms created equal? Not even a little bit.

If you think there's been a lot of talk about Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality this year, 2018 is going to blow you away. Apple, Microsoft, and Google all have impressive tech demos for Augmented Reality hoping to become real products and services in the not-too-distant future, and each of these three companies is approaching AR from different perspectives. We've spent some time with each, so here's a quick explainer on how they all compare!

Microsoft Hololens

There's a good chance you've seen the impressive-looking demos for Hololens before, even if you haven't seen it first-hand. Microsoft frequently depicts a world filled with what they call holograms, with a special headset allowing you to see and interact with this virtual layer on the real world. The demos are very impressive, simulating a world where apps live on the walls around you and can be activated and enjoyed my simply pinching the air i...

Source: Apple ARkit vs Google Tango vs Microsoft Hololens: Augment my reality
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: