Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hackintosh: Build a DIY Mac mini  (Read 328 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 22, 2017, 04:05:16 pm »

Hackintosh: Build a DIY Mac mini

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>All the cool kids are doing it these days: they’re building Hackintoshes. Since Apple isn’t updating their desktop Macs as often as people want, some Mac users have gone the home-build route, making their own Macs using off-the-shelf parts and hobbyist software.</p><p>I have an old Mac mini that could do with a refresh, so I decided to try this out and build a Hackintosh mini. Here’s how it went.</p><h3 class="toc">Why build a Hackintosh?</h3>
<p>I own a late 2011 Mac mini that I use as a media server to host and stream my Plex video library, and for Time Machine backups. It runs macOS Server, and uses its caching server feature to cache app updates. It’s not connected to a display, and I control it using Screen Sharing. It’s not a workhorse by any means, just an appliance that I use to manage files.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3196994/macs/how-to-build-a-hackintosh.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Hackintosh: Build a DIY Mac mini
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: